And I hate to admit it, but earlier this week (at least I think it was this week, my days kinda get mixed up when I'm at home everyday) I ended up catching part of the Martha Stewart Show. And in the end I'm kinda glad I did. She was on with Rachel Ray and they were making pies, so I got the low down on how to make a decent crust! So for anyone who dispises making pie crusts as much as I do, here are some tricks...
- Use cold ingredients (almost frozen butter, ice cold water, etc)
- Use your food processer to get everything mixed together-- this works and it's AWESOME
- Make sure you your dough and counter top with flour so that nothing sticks that shouldn't
- Roll the crust around the rolling pin to transfer it from the counter top to the pie pan
- If you don't want to roll it out directly on the counter, you can always put the dough between 2 sheets of wax paper and roll it out... this will keep your counter clean and also make for easy transfer
- If you don't really like the taste of pie crust, add a little sugar to the mixture, this will sweeten things up a bit
- If all else fails, get some premade crusts, and take all the credit for it when everyone tells you how great the pie is!
I hope that everyone has a Happy and safe Thankgsiving!!