Friday, May 22, 2009

Graduation cake and cupcakes

So sadly, I've been busy most of the day trying to get this cake made for a high school graduate this weekend. When I met with his parents, I gave them some photos of what I thought I would be able to do, and they picked a set of lockers, which I thought "that should be easy enough". There were no elaborate designs or shapes and the decorations were extremely simple.

Well... since they decided that they wanted icing instead of fondant, it posed a bit of an issue on getting the icing nice and smooth, and nice looking. Maybe I just need some extra knowledge or classes or something, but as of today, I've decided I'm not real fond of icing. Hopefully that will change if I decide that this is what I want to do for a living!

Below are a couple photos of today's effort.



The three pans full of cake for the lockers. I wanted to make dead sure that all three lockers were the same size, and lucky me, I had three bread pans! One chocolate, one yellow cake, and one marble.




Finished product. The banner is actually paper, and will just have to be removed when cut.



They are a bit excited that Eric's graduating, so I couldn't resist giving them some smiley faces!




No comments:

Post a Comment