Monday, June 28, 2010

Tinkerbell Cake

I stuck a free classified on the local radio stations website, and lucky me, I got a response within the first 3 days of putting the ad up. The cake wasn't even in to be delivered in Carrington, which was SUPER exciting.

I was asked to do a garden-ish themed, 2 tiered marble cake with fudge filling for them with the inscription "Happy 3rd Birthday Lorelie". I also made a daisy shaped cake base with pale pink ribon on the edge to really finish the cake off. I was able to take pictures of the cake shortly after it was finished, but do not have any yet of how the Tinkerbell finished off the theme. I'll post those as soon as I get them.

The heat and humidity was an evil foe this time, and as you can see, I have a little bit of bulging in between layers... I'll have to figure out how to combat that in the future since I can't just refuse to do cakes in the summer.

In any case, I hope that Lorelie had a great birthday party, and I hope to be able to do many more cakes like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment