Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dakota Growers Pasta Company Sheet Cake

I was asked to do a retirement cake for the local pasta plant, and was asked to do a full sheet cake so that they could serve about 100 people. I finally had to break down and get a new pan, and got a shiny new 1/2 sheet pan so that I could fit it in my oven and also not have tons of problems flipping it out onto a cooling rack.

The cake was just a one layer, white cake with frosting and fondant decorations. The Dakota Growers logo was imprinted onto a sheet of fondant, and painted with food color to match the company logo, and was approximately 9" by 6".

Since it was so big and heavy, we had to cover a 30" X 22" piece of plywood with a white plastic tablecloth, and I had to have someone help me carry it into the building. I almost felt like a professional!! And it was a good thing that I have a car that I can fold down the back seats to be able to haul it with NO problem! Bumpy roads still kinda freak me out when I have a cake in the car though!



The full sheet cake-- Happy Retirement Ron!


A close up of the Dakota Growers logo... this took a LONG time since I can't freehand stuff like this-- yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment