Friday, January 22, 2010

Handy Manny

This is the first cake that I have been asked to ship. It is supposed to get to Iowa today, so we'll see if it made it or not. I'm hoping that I don't have to post an update with a picture of a box full of crumbs...

This cake is for a 2 year old's birthday, and I was asked to do it for one of the guys that I went to High School with. Well, actually, his wife asked me to do it... but that's how I know the people who ordered the cake.

The cake is a 2 layer, square 10", vanilla cake with buttercream and strawberry filling. And of course, Handy Manny on the outside.

Happy Birthday Cooper!!! I hope you cake made it to your house all in one piece!!!
Cake shortly before being put in the box... I hope I don't have to post another picture!!!


UPDATE:

The cake made it there perfectly. I must have read my directions well enough when researching how to ship something perishable, and the cake was still cold when it got to Travis and Stephanie's house!!

Apparently reading isn't a very important qualification for some UPS employees, because the box was given to Stephanie up side down, and it was clearly marked on each side of the box which way was up... Oh well, it made it there, and now I know that I can ship cakes half way across the country if I want to, especially during the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment